EXAMS FOR PHD STUDENTS
Exams in foreign languages for PhD students take place in the Department of Foreign Languages on the second Friday of every month. Before taking an exam, a candidate is requested to contact the Department of Foreign Languages.
- English - Barbara Oleksiewicz, MA, Dorota Rejman, MA
- German - Ilona Majkowska, MA
- French - Aneta Sondej, MA
- Russian - Iwona Ksiądz, MA
The model of the exams in foreign languages for PhD students (oral form only)
- The presentation of the candidates (the conversation with the examiner on the following topics: their education so far, the department which the candidates work in and the description of their job, future plans connected with their scientific and research career, the use of a foreign language at work, in specialist literature and in conference presentations).
- The presentation of a PhD thesis (saying the subject in a foreign language, a short description of the issues included in particular chapters, the practical application of the results of the thesis).
- The oral summary of a read by the student popular science text, received from the examiner. The size of the text – not more than an A4 page. This part of the exam checks the understanding of a written text and the ability to briefly present its main issues.
Presenting a B2 or higher language proficiency certificate excuses a PhD student from taking an exam.
The list of certificates confirming the knowledge of modern foreign languages – page 10