The policy of education quality at the Department of Foreign Languages, RUT
The policy of education quality at the Department of Foreign Languages, Rzeszow University of Technology
The Department of Foreign Languages is a interdepartmental unit at Ignacy Łukaszewicz Rzeszów University of Technology.
The Department of Foreign Languages through its activities, pursues strategic objectives of Rzeszów University of Technology by committing to
- providing students with the possibility of effective upgrading their foreign language skills
- offering high quality didactic services with the use of varied and modern teaching methods and aids
The Head of the Department of Foreign Languages and its academic staff are trying to achieve the goals by
- Maintaining the high level of teaching foreign languages according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), National Qualification Frameworks and Law on Higher Education.
- Enhancing the Quality Assurance System in Higher Education.
- Monitoring, grading and updating the teaching programmes, as well as broadening the educational offer adapted to the needs of students and the labour market.
- Monitoring and verifying the process of education, and monitoring students’ opinions on their skills acquired at foreign language courses.
- Developing, improving and upgrading didactic abilities of the teaching staff by e.g. participating in worshops, trainings and conferences.
- Maintaining the high quality level of the department didactic infrastructure that allows for proper educational environment and access to up-to-date teaching materials and tools.
- Promoting multilingualism and internationalisation through cooperation with international examination centres and foreign universities that contribute to graduates’ mobility in the higher education area and the international labour market.
The presented Policy of Education Quality is familiar to the staff members who through their konowledge and skills are obliged to ensure high quality education.
Head of the Department of Foreign Languages
Katarzyna Kania, MA